Madeleine takes one last bite before she goes

I forgot to mention ... that dang car ate one more of my tools. Blood, skin, respiratory distress - and then it breaks my tools too!! As I was putting the exhaust manifold in, I bumped something and broke the 'selector' switch off my 1/2inch ratchet. ping - something sailed past my sight line into the nether regions of my garage. I looked down, sighed, pulled the socket off, and dropped the wrench in the garbage.

 It was a fine wrench I really liked. One of my better tools. I remember the day I found it in the middle of the street next to a gas station. I did an illegal u-turn to park and ran into traffic to pick it up. We had great times together. Nice grip - long handle - loved its relationship with the cheater bar - selector stayed put even when I used it one-handed like a screw driver.

 You will be missed dear friend.

 Ha'makom yenachem otecha b'toch she'ar avelai tziyon veerushalayim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No valve for you today

Not really a hateful 8 ...

Broken wrench, dirt drench - transmission out, really really greasy snout