Still in there, but coming out in pieces

 I pulled the fan so I would have some more between the front of the engine and the hood support. Now I can come straight out to get the bell housing to clear the tunnel before I life the engine up


I looked at the air runners and the water jacket tunnels -- YUCK

I half halfheartedly tried to remove the bolts connecting the exhaust pipe to the manifold - no surprise those are stuck. So I just hack sawed the exhaust off. It was smashed and holey anyway, so I decided I would deal with those bolts after the fact.

I pulled the valve covers to look


Geasey evidence of gasket failure, and the valves needed to be lashed (the push rods are wiggly) - but otherwise everything looks to be decent shape.

If it takes me too much longer to get the u-bolts off the drive shaft rear u-joint, I will buy an angle grinder and show them who is boss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No valve for you today

Not really a hateful 8 ...

Cleaing day