All packed and ready to roll

 The car is buttoned up and ready to go

It took me <2 hours to get the heads, valve lifters, valley cover, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, carb and fan on. I tried to put the thermostat housing / expansion bottle in place, but I realized I had to drill out one of the bolts and so I didn't have enough to hold it in place. The other one was pretty gacked anyway.

It took me another 30 minutes to organize all the stuff I had for the car inside the passenger space. I tried not to shove too much into the trunk, since it still doesn't open.

While I had it up, I used some "green slime" to stop the leak in the one tire that wouldn't hold air. I tested this morning and it seem to be good to go.

I had to zip-tie the E-brake cables to the frame so they would stop getting tangled and dragging. I also zip-tied the clutch pedal rod to something that was sticking out of the transmission - otherwise it was hanging straight down next to the fire wall.

The tow truck will come tomorrow to take it to school. I will try to talk the driver into packing the engine stand as well. Since there are NO gaskets on that thing anymore, I hope they don't waste time taking it back down to where I had it -- with the humidity in the PacNW, mother nature will try and rust-weld the heads to the block if they wait too long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No valve for you today

Not really a hateful 8 ...

Broken wrench, dirt drench - transmission out, really really greasy snout