Mercury is home

 




You may wonder why the hood is sticking straight up - well the front is bent and so that is the only position it is stuck in.

So far, I used a ratchet strap to get the tires back on the bead so I could push it around + I pulled the plugs and filled the cylinder heads with liquid wrench. Still have not figured out how to remove the rear seat so I can get in the trunk - it is a pretty green color under all the dirt.

I will pull the engine soon enough ... it has to come out one way or another since I can not turn the crank bolt with a cheater bar.

Comments

  1. This is a grand project! If you can find parts and do most of the work yourself, this will be a terrific event for your memory. It will look terrific running down the road some day. Your hope of getting the engine running in 2 weeks is a dream! It will take that long and longer to get the engine apart and find parts as well as getting a technical shop to do some of the work such as grind valve seats.

    Do keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No valve for you today

Not really a hateful 8 ...

Cleaing day