Jake the Mercury update

Jake lost his hood and his carburetor and heater hoses. He will lose his intake manifold soon enough. Jake also got a bath yesterday, so he is slightly less disgusting to lean against. He can't get a real bath because none of the doors & windows actually seal and there is no back glass - so the water from the roof just rolls into the backseat.

When I deleted the heater hoses, I discovered that the heater core is probably still good. I discovered this by dumping a quart of coolant onto the floor as soon as I cut the hose off the firewall pipe. Since the radiator is totally missing, I assumed there was no more water in the machine - but it seems like there was a good amount behind the firewall. Aside from the mess, I am happy about it. Also - I discovered we own a mop.

Need to pull the rest of the electrical components (and label them) and the intake manifold. Then I will crawl under the remove the drive shaft & transmission ... and then I will hoist the engine out. Maybe this weekend or next.

Not sure if we are sticking with Jake ... that is just the temporary name





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No valve for you today

Not really a hateful 8 ...

Cleaing day