1962 Mercury Monterey 4-door sedan

 I just wanted to share that I might soon become the owner of a '62 Mercury 4 door sedan. The circumstances of that acquisition are weird and may fall apart - so I say "might" until I have it in the driveway. I hope it comes to fruition.

Beyond being the former owner of 1977 Ford F150, 3-on-the-tree (people thought I was a genius for knowing how shift) with a 302 & watching YouTube <=> I really know nothing about old cars with carburetors. This thing has a 292 V8 Y-block, 2 barrel carb, and a 3 speed automatic transmission. It [ran when parked] sometime in the 1980's - and has been in a garage since. My daughter is excited about helping to get it running and cruising in it. It will seat 6 comfortably.

I am hopeful:
  • it is only 27.3% less clean & rusty than she imagines it will be
  • I can make it start, idle, go forward + backward, stop, and not overheat in <2 weeks
  • doesn't have too many mice living in it
  • doesn't smell like a combination of wet cardboard + burnt hair + oatmeal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No valve for you today

Not really a hateful 8 ...

Dodging the Mercury